Re: Gen-ART LC review: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-privacy-03

2016-02-15 16:10:56

On 2/15/16 3:37 PM, Bernie Volz (volz) wrote:
Perhaps we should get away from whether something is easy or difficult to
implement or whether the algorithm may be more (or less) efficient.

I think the point of this material is to ENCOURAGE random assignment rather
than sequential to improve privacy- so keep it at that. Let implementers worry
about how efficient an algorithm is?
Right - that's where I'm trying to get the document to go.

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Sparks [mailto:rjsparks(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 4:15 PM
To: Tomek Mrugalski <tomasz(_dot_)mrugalski(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>; General Area
Review Team <gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
dhcwg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-privacy(_dot_)all(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-privacy-03

Hi Tomek -

Thanks for these edits. My points are all addressed, though I wish to push a
little more on changing the focus of the following in the document: