Re: Call for Comment: <draft-iab-rfc3677bis> (IETF ISOC Board of Trustee Appointment Procedures)

2016-02-24 16:33:10
On Feb 24, 2016, at 2:33 PM, John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

ISOC has no plans to change the way the board is appointed, and if we
were tp do so, I'm sure the IAB and everyone else would have months if
not years of advance notice.  Is this really a problem that needs to
be solved now?

Well, we didn't think to update BCP77 last year when we probably should have.
If the community wants to ensure that the IAB doesn't overstep its remit, we
can remove this section in its entirety, and rev BCP77 for every minor change.

--
Joe Hildebrand