Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-08.txt> (JSON Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG) to Proposed Standard

2016-02-25 07:44:17
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:42:03PM +0000, tom p. wrote:
In the interests of clarity

- datastores are not mentioned.  These loom large in YANG and NETCONF
and, I think, have been misunderstood by those wishing to extend YANG in
various, new directions.  Therefore I think that the I-D should say
something, even if it is that the concept of datastore is alien to the
envisaged uses of JSON (I could envisage a use where datastores do
apply, but it is probably an unrealistic use:-)

I do not see why an encoding document should talk about datastores.
Is there anything unclear how YANG defined data is encoded in JSON? If
not, then this document does its job.

-YANG 1.0 ditto.  I realise that this I-D normatively references YANG
1.1 but there is a lot of YANG 1.0 about.  My sense is that this I-D
cannot work with YANG 1.0, in which case, I think that that needs
stating.

The JSON encoding works just fine with YANG 1.0. Perhaps this can be
stated explicitly with an informative reference to RFC 6020 if that
helps to avoid confusion.

/js