Update regarding IANAPLAN WG plans

2016-03-10 11:49:22

I wanted to copy these announcements here as well. And I’m very happy for this
work to go forward.

And big thanks to the IETF team who has been working so hard on this!

Jari Arkko, IETF Chair

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Leslie Daigle" <ldaigle(_at_)thinkingcat(_dot_)com>
Subject: [Ianaplan] Update and next steps for IANAPLAN WG
Date: 10 Mar 2016 17:21:11 GMT
To: "Ianaplan@Ietf. Org" <ianaplan(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Cc: Marc Blanchet <marc(_dot_)blanchet(_at_)viagenie(_dot_)ca>

Following up the notice that Marc shared earlier:  not only has the ICG
shared the combined plan with the ICANN board, today the ICANN board has
voted in favour of accepting the unified IANA transition proposal, for which
the IANAPLAN WG’s document captured the requirements of the IETF for the
protocol parameter part of IANA.

As a next step, the transition proposal is being sent to NTIA as the
community plan to move forward consistently with the requirements laid out by
the NTIA at the beginning of this process.  It is now up to the NTIA process
to review the proposal in the light of those requirements.

Implementation can’t actually complete until there is formal acceptance from
the NTIA/USG, but it’s not too soon to plan.   The bodies responsible for
management of the parts of the proposal are moving forward in discussions of
how to implement the proposal.

For that reason, we are holding a slot for the IANAPLAN WG to meet in Buenos
Aires, should there be specific material requiring community input in that
timeframe.

We will be providing an agenda for the meeting as that becomes apparent, or
otherwise canceling the session if there is no practical need for it.

Leslie.