Re: Thingerdamerung (Was: ietf.org end-to-end principle)

2016-03-17 16:56:54
The home network architecture that makes sense to me is that my house
as one or two dedicated device hubs that are always on and connected
and every device I buy connects to them. Or a hub of my choice that I
choose and can change at any time I like.

What I have today is eight devices in my house that are each connected
to a different service in the cloud that is proprietary and I have no
control over. The gadgets I have bought at no little cost only work at
the whim of the providers.

i tried and failed to communicate this in the pre-paris iot security
workshop.  this is related to the model that you do not actual own that
light bulb, car, whatever, you license use of it.

If you RSVP, I can let the AD know what numbers to expect and that
will determine if we meet in an actual bar or get a room.

get a room

randy