Re: [aqm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05.txt> (FlowQueue-Codel) to Experimental RFC

2016-03-24 10:08:21
grenville armitage <garmitage(_at_)swin(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> writes:

What about:

Section 1: "...and we believe it to be safe to turn on by default, ..." ->
"...and we believe it to be significantly beneficial to turn on by default,
..."
Section 7: "We believe it to be a safe default and ..." -> "We believe it to
be
a significantly beneficial default and ..."

Aha! Finally someone is being constructive! Thank you!

(Yes, this is going to be an Experimental RFC. And yes, turning on FQ_CoDel
generally results in awesome improvements wrt pfifo. But the two instances of
"safe" in draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-05.txt do imply to me a wider degree of
applicability than is probably warranted at this juncture. I just hadn't
noticed
until Bob mentioned it.)

Still not sure I agree that having the word 'safe' in there is such a
big deal, but, well, if multiple people think it's an issue that in
itself might be reason enough to change it. And I can live with your
alternative formulation. :)

-Toke