Re: IETF Service Outage

2016-03-24 14:55:25

--- surfer(_at_)mauigateway(_dot_)com wrote:
--- glen(_at_)amsl(_dot_)com wrote:

Our engineers are always looking at additional ways of monitoring
things, but whether this was some kind of denial-of-service attack
against a physical host, or an OS failure of some kind, or maybe just
a bad network cable, we can't yet tell.

If you can't tell whether it was a DoS or a bad network cable
you should talk to network operators.  We can help.  We deal
with these things all the time.

My apologies if the tone of the email was not nice.  I
didn't mean it to be.  Also, it should've been private.
I should've said I am a network operator of many years
and am happy to help if I can, just let me know.

scott