Re: 6lowpan over wire, specifically over powerline?

2016-03-29 04:18:25
Hi,

I reached out to Thierry Lys, from ERDF (French utility company), who replied:

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your email.
As far as I know G3 is the only protocol to use 6loWPAN.
These are the latest news on G3:
1)      We are pleased that IETF will « recognize » G3-PLC in including it in
the IANA registry. The corresponding RFC is about to be release (see
draft-ietf-6lo-dispatch-iana-registry-02.txt)
2)      We have already 30 000 G3 meters in the field now and 500 000 G3
meters by end of June (with 4000 meters installed / day)
3)      Other countries as well has started with G3 : Japan (roll out in
progress), Belgium, Luxemburg, Austria, …(tender in progress)
4)      We have up to 73 platforms and products already certified (with
interoperability proven)

Do not hesitate to copy and paste my email on IETF mailing list if needed !

Cheers, Thierry

Best,

Thomas

On 28 Mar 2016, at 20:20, Samita Chakrabarti