Re: Proposed IETF Trust Conflict of Interest Policy for Community Review

2016-03-29 20:59:53
agreed

Scott

On Mar 29, 2016, at 9:58 PM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Actually we have running code proof that the existing mechanism
(a recall) is cumbersome but that the active threat of applying
it can be sufficient to trigger a resignation.

As I read the relevant scrolls, neither the IAOC nor the Trust
itself can kick anybody out. For good reason: due process.

So the report might travel via the IAOC, but it clearly must
be a report to the community, after which people might choose
to initiate a recall.

  Brian