Re: IAB volunteers

2016-06-03 15:04:38
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 9:20 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf(_at_)elandsys(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hi Ted, John,
At 08:44 26-05-2016, Ted Hardie wrote:

If a volunteer could not attend in person, I believe the IAB would ask
ICANN to provide facilities for remote participation.  I've put this
question on the IAB agenda for the June 1st meeting, so that we can confirm
that or provide a more complete answer.

Thanks.

Dear SM,

Thank you for raising this issue.  The IAB discussed this at the June 1st,
2016 meeting.  There was general agreement that we will, in future, note
explicitly for volunteer commitments what travel is expected.   There was
also general agreement that if a volunteer could not attend a specific
meeting for personal reasons, that we would request remote participation
facilities be made available.

regards,

Ted Hardie
for the IAB