Re: Facilitators experiment

2016-06-18 03:16:06
Hello,
At 11:21 13-06-2016, Doug Ewell wrote:
Speaking as an IETF outsider (2 RFCs, acknowledged in some others, but
no meetings) who has nevertheless followed the Singapore thread, I think
this effort may be limited to the extent people are even aware they are
starting a new topic. Most of the topic changes in the thread were
gradual segues rather than abrupt shifts.

That is a good point.

I received another reply. One of the points in the reply was that it is "intrusive to have [the facilitator] individually emailing people to ask them to change the header every time they fail to do so".

As the suggestion at http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg98649.html does not match the expectations of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org subscribers, it is better not to try it.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy