Re: bettering open source involvement

2016-08-03 03:06:54

Hi Brian,

On 03/08/16 01:55, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
There are. But if the IETF wants to encourage code that anybody can
study and/or borrow, GPL is not the way to go.

I agree that BSD better suits the IETF, and hence is worth encouraging.

However, recognising the reality of GPL, and that it is not problematic
for all IETF participants is also well worth doing. (The same goes for
other recognised OSS licenses.)

That said, I'm not sure we have a concrete proposal for a thing to do.
If someone has one, I'd be happy to try help see if that can be moved
forward. (Probably best done initially offlist)

Cheers,
S.