Re: privacy in ipv6 ?

2016-08-16 10:59:40
The source address is a locator used to address the ip packets the
server returns to the initiator. Short of encapsulation such that you
have an unmolested inner ip header the recipient is in need of the
source address. the same applies to ipv4 of course so there's nothing
special about that. reading between the lines I think you're assuming
some kind of reversable path transformation but forward and reverse
paths cannot in general be assumed to be symmetric especially if you
change it mid-flight.

You might explore onion routing, as employed by tor or as a more general
topic https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onion_routing as that methodology
specifies the path to be taken to exit as well as an encapsulating
layers to be stripped off at each hop.

joel