Re: Gen-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-mpls-entropy-lsp-ping-04

2016-09-01 09:58:43
Dear Peter,

Many thanks for taking the time to go through the document with an editorial
fine-tooth comb.

Although your summary, labeled [Ready with nits], says:
I really have no problems with the documents other than some mostly
inconsequential nits.

I took the time to fix every single one of the small nits you identified.
That’s the least we could do, out of respect of you taking the time and helping
the document improve.

Our working copy incorporates fixes to all these nits. Thank you.

I must share with you that the real value of your thorough review is in the
Major and Minor categories, and that General-Area technical review — not in the
editorial nit identification. It was excruciatingly hard to identify some of
these nits, given that you use “Page x, Section y.z, n-th bullet point, m-th
sentence” locators, which are not present in the (submitted) XML source. I
expect the RFC Editor might find a couple more, as part of the copy edit, at
that final stage before publication when it makes more sense.

Thanks again,

— Carlos.