Re: amount of time for WG meetings, starting times, unstructured time, etc for Seoul

2016-09-15 10:54:28
On 15 Sep 2016, at 4:58, IETF Chair wrote:

Q1. Please confirm that the community wishes that we arrange more unstructured time for work to happen.

Yes, if this does not force cancellation of needed WG meetings. It is OK if it forces shortening of some meetings by 30 mins, for example.

Q2. Would you like to either keep the amount of meeting time from Berlin, or reduce it so that an additional hour(s) can be used for design team meetings and other unofficial interaction?

Reduce by a bit seems OK.

Q3. Any other feedback? Other suggestions?

The ability to have grab-and-go lunches, either in the venue or within a block or so, *greatly* increases the ability to make the 90 minutes of lunch be useful work/social time. Even the typically over-priced hotel fare is useful if some of us want to eat quickly so that we have an hour or even a half-hour of coordination on some work topic, particularly something that came up earlier in the week. (This is probably not an issue for Seoul, but should be kept in mind for all meetings under this topic.)

--Paul Hoffman