Re: DMARC and ietf.org

2016-09-26 08:23:41

On Sep 23, 2016, at 9:11 PM, John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

Google has repeatedly said that they're not going to turn on DMARC
until ARC is available.

They already have for google.com <http://google.com/>… gmail is probably a
much bigger impact, but I
discovered google.com’s p=reject when we accidentally turned on DMARC
enforcement :/

Well, yeah.  The domain google.com is used by about 57,000 Google
employees while the domain gmail.com is used by about a billion (yes,
really) Gmail users.

I think my point is that there are already plenty of users posting to IETF
lists with p=reject.  There can’t be many recipients enforcing those policies,
as I heard pretty quickly after we accidentally turned it on.