ISOC@IETF 97 Briefing Panel: The I in IoT: IoT Implications for a Global Open Internet

2016-11-08 08:38:21
We are pleased to announce the Internet Society Briefing Panel at IETF 97:

----------
SESSION ABSTRACT

The I in IoT: Implications for a Global Open Internet

What are the implications of the Internet of Things (IoT) on the global
internet,
from architectural, interoperability, and security perspectives? Is the
end-to-end
principle of the global internet still relevant? What can the communities
represented
at the IETF do to address these implications? In this lunchtime panel during
IETF 97,
panelists will discuss how the IoT interacts with, and potentially challenges, a
global, open internet.

We will explore how the internet shapes the design of smart objects, and how
they in turn will shape the architecture of the internet. Are there general
guidelines
with respect to security and overall behavior for these new devices? What should
designers of smart object architectures take into account because of the
interaction
between devices and the internet?

Join moderator Olaf Kolkman and a panel of experts as we discuss these questions
and many more about key challenges related to the continued growth of IoT while
maintaining a secure and open global Internet.

Moderator: Olaf Kolkman, Internet Society

Panel:
• Carsten Bormann
• Erica Johnson, University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory
• Hannes Tschofenig, ARM Limited
• Juan Carlos Zúñiga, SIGFOX

PANEL DETAILS