Erratum Re: IAB report to the community before IETF 97

2016-11-13 17:04:52
Dear colleagues,

My apologies for the error in this report.  There was a placeholder
about the "IETF Trust CCG".  I did not fix it before sending.

As part of the IANA transition, there is some IPR that moves from
ICANN to the IETF Trust.  In order to oversee the use of that IPR,
each operational community appoints three representatives to a
Community Coordination Group that advises the Trust on the use of the
IPR on behalf of the respective community.

In September, the IAB agreed to appoint Alissa Cooper, Ted Hardie, and
Russ Housley to the IANA IPR customer committee.  This is minuted in
our meeting minutes from
https://www.iab.org/documents/minutes/minutes-2016/iab-minutes-2016-09-28/.
I should have sent an announcement about this at the time, but it
appears that I failed to do so.  We regard this as an interim
appointment until we can formalise rules for how we'll undertake these
appointments in the future.

I regret not sending the announcement, and the subsequent error in
this report.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan