Re: [Idr] Genart LC review: draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11

2016-12-14 08:20:40

On 12/12/16 2:32 PM, Jakob Heitz (jheitz) wrote:
Jakob Heitz responded to the suggestion to extend the reserved Global
Administrator values, but for some reason I can't find that email in the
IETF IDR archive, I've copy+pasted it here:

-------------
        Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 03:16:52 +0100
        From: "Jakob Heitz (jheitz)" <jheitz(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
        To: David Freedman <david(_dot_)freedman(_at_)uk(_dot_)clara(_dot_)net>
        Cc: "idr(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <idr(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
        Subject: Re: [Idr] New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-idr-large-community-11.txt

      No new text is required to cover this: 23456 is not an ASN.
      Besides, if anyone were to put it into a large community, no harm
      would be done other than what would happen if any other unassigned
      ASN were used.

      About reserving values, we don't reserve values because the values
      are unusable, but because we may want to use them for other purposes
      later. There is no need to reserve another value. 3 is more than
      enough.

        Thanks,
        Jakob.
--------------

   WFM, but please get your chairs to chase down why the message didn't
make it to the archive.
It shows up in the other archive:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/idr/current/msg17255.html
There was an issue (for about 200 messages) in the indexing in the mailarchive tool that has been repaired.
This particular message is at
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/tg_gVjNwrFWklo4dTRUHo7Rkqos>

Thanks again for spotting the issue.

Thanks,