Fwd: Wording for strict vs implicit TLS in <draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations-01.txt>

2016-12-23 14:24:21
Hi,

FYI, I'll take into account for the revised version of
draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations
the comment Viktor gave in the UTA mailing-list.

The terminology for "TLS negotiation immediately upon connection on a separate
port"
is not consistent between RFCs.
RFC 7525 uses "strict TLS" (and unfortunately does not define the term).
RFC 7672 uses "mandatory TLS".
draft-ietf-uta-email-deep uses "implicit TLS".

As I believe "implicit TLS" is the most accurate wording, I'll also use that
term
for draft-elie-nntp-tls-recommendations.

--
Julien ÉLIE