Re: License File for Open Source Repositories

2016-12-24 19:58:47
On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM, joel jaeggli <joelja(_at_)bogus(_dot_)com>
wrote:
On 12/23/16 12:12 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
"open source != BSD". There are better licenses out there - notably
apache 2.0 is pretty clear, legally, in places where BSD is not. I am
also under the impression that GPLv2 has an implicit patent grant
(which would be a real boon in clearing some matters up long before it
would ever become an issue).

But IANAL. Have you taken this proposed policy up with OSI?

https://opensource.org/
The statement addresses the use of and obligations of contributors to
repositories. It does not, nor does it intend to change the licensing
terms of contributions, present in bcp 78,79 and the TLP.

The non-answer seems to be that OSI has not been consulted.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 7:36 AM, IESG Secretary