Re: Follow-up on the issue of IETF members being unable to attend.

2017-02-01 18:10:04
Just to clarify, there is IEEE (the whole organization) and many different
subgroups of IEEE of which IEEE 802 is one. IEEE in Dave's first bullet is,
I expect, referring to IEEE as a whole. The third bullet applies for IEEE
802. I've no idea what the refund policy will be applied by other IEEE
subgroups who are holding meetings, conferences and such.

IEEE at the top level has said, in an email to the subgroups, that a
statement from IEEE is forthcoming. They have asked the subgroups to
refrain from issuing independent statements until that happens.

The IEEE 802 Executive Committee has it's regular teleconference on Feb 7.
There is an agenda item to discuss impact of the immigration policy on us.
It has already been IEEE 802's practice to refund plenary meeting fees when
someone can't attend due to a visa issue. There may be discussion on
whether to confirm that policy with a motion.

Regards,
Pat

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Dave Burstein <daveb(_at_)dslprime(_dot_)com>