Re: An observation on draft-leiba-rfc2119-update-01

2017-02-07 13:23:53
Recommending that future documents cite [BCP14] would simplify life.
The RFC Editor knows how to handle that.

I thought about that, but then there's the "publication date" problem
again: you'd have to look at what BCP 14 was at the time the document
you're reading was published.  That's why I've suggested using "BCP
14" in the text, but explicitly citing the two RFCs.  Looking for
strong clarity.

Of course, one could argue that the BCP 14 boilerplate text makes it
clear enough, so....

Barry