Re: Review of draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection-05

2017-02-08 12:53:58
Hi Russ

Thank you for the review.

I would like to respond to one point:

Notes:

I see that draft-cheng-pwe3-mpls-tp-dual-homing-protection the
earlier
Internet-Draft file name for this document.  An IPR declaration was
issued against that earlier name.  The shepherd write-up indicates
that
"The WG were not concerned about the IPR disclosure." However, it is
unclear to me whether we should ask for the IPR declaration to be
issued
against the current Internet-Draft file name.

The authors all responded including of course the author from the company that
filed the IPR. All indicated that no additional IPR was known about.

The IPR disclosure shows up in datatracker.

We do not normally chase companies to update their IPR disclosures, as
documents progress, and indeed if we chase them to do this update we need
to chase them shortly for a further one as the draft becomes an RFC.

Since you pointed it out we have asked the author to ask his patent dept
to do the update, but I hope that this does not become an IETF policy
making it even harder to pass the IPR checks that we put in place in RTG.

Thanks

Stewart