Re: New Version Notification for draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-20.txt

2017-02-09 23:03:05
Hi, Loa.
I think what you're asking about is already done, and doesn't require
anything specific to be said in BCP 26.  We have quite a few sets of
related registries where the same set of experts is appointed for the
set, and the experts consider what they need to (ideally, what they're
instructed to) with respect to the set of registries.  It's all just a
matter of spelling it out when the registries are created.

We can't put every possible combination of situations and all nuances
in BCP 26.  I think what's there gives enough guidance to allow people
to write policies and guidance for the registries that they need to
create.

Barry