Re: [Slim] IETF last call for draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language (Section 5.4)

2017-02-13 17:19:26
At 12:09 AM +0100 2/14/17, Gunnar Hellström wrote:

 I prefer that you wait for conclusion on the topic of "silly states".

And I agree with Bernard that we should (and can) be normative and explicit in how to interpret all the unusual combinations.

I think we're better off not saying what the meaning is since we do not have a deployed base of experience. The replacement text allows cooperating implementations to send such states if they wish. If consensus emerges later as to what such states mean, a revised draft or an extension draft can be published that spells it out.