Review of draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-coordination-05

2017-02-13 18:44:37
Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-dual-homing-coordination-??
Reviewer: Jouni Korhonen
Review Date: 2017-02-13
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-13
IESG Telechat date: 2017-03-02

The document is ready. I have few questions, though, that most likely
are obvious to the document authors and to the WG.

Major issues:

None.

Minor issues:

Not really an issue, but more of thinking out loud. There is no text
in Section 3.2. what happens, say, when PE1 sends DHC+Status TLV and
PE2 sends DHC+Switching TLV both reporting a failure of PW1. I am not
sure if this is a relevant case, but I could expect there can be a
sequence of events that cause these DHC messages to cross between PE1
and PE2?

Nits/editorial comments:

* The document uses few acronyms without expanding them. Those should
be checked.

* In Section 3.2.  s/table 1 ./Table 1.

*  There are multiple occurrences of "table 1" that should be "Table
1".
   There are multiple occurrences of "figure 5" that should be "Figure
5".
   There are multiple occurrences of "figure 1" that should be "Figure
1".

* Section 3.2. says "..using the DHC message above." Since the message
is quite a bit above I would rewrite this as "..using the DHC message
defined in Section 3.1."

* Section 3.2. protection procedures would greatly benefit
clarity/readability having one or two signaling flow figures assisting
the textual description how the PW failures are signaled between the
PEs (using the DHCs and sometimes assisted with OAM messaging).