Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12.txt

2017-02-14 09:33:39
Nat,

This new version 12 contains nice editorial improvements. However, you have not yet responded to my email
from February 9 th sent during the LC which contains substantial comments.

Denis

This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

         Title           : The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: JWT Secured
Authorization Request (JAR)
         Authors         : Nat Sakimura
                           John Bradley
        Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12.txt
        Pages           : 26
        Date            : 2017-02-13

Abstract:
    The authorization request in OAuth 2.0 described in RFC 6749 utilizes
    query parameter serialization, which means that Authorization Request
    parameters are encoded in the URI of the request and sent through
    user agents such as web browsers.  While it is easy to implement, it
    means that (a) the communication through the user agents are not
    integrity protected and thus the parameters can be tainted, and (b)
    the source of the communication is not authenticated.  Because of
    these weaknesses, several attacks to the protocol have now been put
    forward.

    This document introduces the ability to send request parameters in a
    JSON Web Token (JWT) instead, which allows the request to be signed
    with JSON Web Signature (JWS) and/or encrypted with JSON Web
    Encryption (JWE) so that the integrity, source authentication and
    confidentiality property of the Authorization Request is attained.
    The request can be sent by value or by reference.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/