Re: Review of draft-ietf-mpls-residence-time-13

2017-02-14 22:06:55
Hi Robert,
Section 5 Data Plane Theory of Operation has the following recommendation
on reading time value at ingress and egress:

   Each RTM-capable
   node on the explicit path receives an RTM packet and records the time
   at which it receives that packet at its ingress interface as well as
   the time at which it transmits that packet from its egress interface;
   this should be done as close to the physical layer as possible to
   ensure precise accuracy in time determination.

Do you find the text sufficient in providing guidance to an implementer of RTM?

Regards,

Greg

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Robert Sparks