Re: Objection to draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt

2017-02-23 08:47:23
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:36 PM, Job Snijders <job(_at_)ntt(_dot_)net> wrote:

Comments which imply "you should've been there" are both demeaning
and derogatory to operators who come to IETF to improve the current
state of affairs.

My intention was not to imply anything of the sort. I apologize if that was
how it was received. FWIW I wasn't there when the standard was written,
either.

My point was a purely technical one: this is not new text or a new
proposal. It is the current text of the standard, and has been the current
text of the standard for almost 20 years. Opposing this document will
prevent this document from becoming a standard, but it won't prevent that
text from becoming a standard because it is *already* the standard.