Re: IAOC -- looking for committee volunteers

2017-04-10 13:28:23
Once more, as I indicated in November last year. I fail to see ANY RFC that
confirms that the IAOC itself is empowered by the community to select more
committee members in a very obscure way, and as Leslie indicated based on
“personell decisions”. Clearly not transparent at all.

Why, if committees need more participants, which I understand because the
increase of the workload, and knowing already since several months ago that
this is a thread, and that the NomCom have candidates to participate.

We have got an opportunity to ask the NomCom to work on extra candidates since
some people was appointed already in November.

If there is no RFC allowing it, clearly this is a decision that MUST be
appealed, as it is totally against the IETF spirit.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de IAOC
Chair <iaoc-chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Responder a: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, <iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Fecha: jueves, 6 de abril de 2017, 18:27
Para: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: IAOC -- looking for committee volunteers

    The IAOC has a handful of committees to support its work [1].  The role of
an IAOC Committee is to develop materials and make recommendations for IAOC
decisions. Chair and membership in committees is constituted annually; we will
be undertaking that at the IAOC retreat scheduled for late April this year.

    At this time, the IAOC is again interested in broadening non-IAOC member
participation in its committees, if there are one or 2 interested and suitable
community members for each committee.   Note that all committees deal in
business sensitive materials, and may require signing a non-disclosure
agreement.

    Please see the charters of the individual committees for further detail
[1].    Committees for which we are considering additional people are:

        . Finance Committee
        . Legal Committee
        . Meetings Committee
        . Technology Management Committee
        . RFP Committee
            . Sponsorship Committee (in formation)

    We ask those interested to volunteer by sending a message stating their
committee of interest and relevant experience for that committee to
iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, by April 20, 2017.  The IAOC will review candidates
with the aim of appointing any new members by late April.

    Thanks,

    Leslie, for the IAOC.

    [1] https://iaoc.ietf.org/committees.html

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.