Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-encryption-encoding-08

2017-04-18 01:49:35
Thanks Pete,

On 6 April 2017 at 15:52, Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qti(_dot_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:
      A "keyid" parameter SHOULD be a UTF-8
      [RFC3629] encoded string, particularly where the identifier
might
      need to appear in a textual form.

I presume that simply means "might need to be rendered" and does not
include "might need to be typed in by someone", correct? The former is
easy; the latter probably requires a bit more text.

Indeed.  Until we have a good copy-and-paste version of the Unicode
typed/spoken/interpretive-danced input problem for security
identifiers, it is not a goal to have specifications casually tackling
problems that are outside their (and maybe anyone's) capabilities.

I made the suggested change in the editor's copy.