Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-spring-ipv6-use-cases-10

2017-05-04 15:20:45
On 5/2/17, 12:57 PM, "Stewart Bryant"
<stewart(_dot_)bryant(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Stewart:

Hi!  How are you?

Thanks for the detailed review!

A significant part of the justification seems to evolve around the
inability of MPLS to function in an IPv6 only network.

It seems to me that this statement summarizes many of the concerns you listed
as Major in the review.  I can see why it seems like the justification is:
“because MPLS doesn’t work, then we have to do IPv6.” – but I think that even
if a complete solution exists (for an MPLS deployment on an IPv6-only network),
some operators would still make the design choice of preferring an IPv6-only
deployment.

I think that it would be good for the authors to refocus the justification away
from “because X doesn’t work”.  Would that address this part of your concerns?

Thanks!

Alvaro.