Re: [art] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-core-coap-tcp-tls-07

2017-05-09 23:31:42

On May 9, 2017, at 23:30, Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> wrote:

To close this loop -- the change in -08 isn't sufficiently prominent IME;
while the general nature of the change is listed in the Abstract, the actual
normative text is very hard to find.

Certainly, let’s see what the IESG decides here.

Given that this is a pretty fundamental change in the operation of a URI
scheme, I'd think it at least deserves its own section, if not a separate
document.

I don’t agree that this is such a fundamental change here — the /.well-known
name space in the URI already was special (by the fact that ws URIs are mapped
to http URIs, which do have /.well-known reserved already).

But that doesn’t matter, we should find the best editorial way to document
making the well-known URI concept available to WebSocket URIs.

Grüße, Carsten