Genart telechat review of draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-04

2017-05-19 17:44:09
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead-??
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2017-05-19
IETF LC End Date: 2017-05-18
IESG Telechat date: 2017-05-25

This is a straight-forward and clear document that defines several new
cipher suites for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version
1.2 and higher, based on the Ephemeral Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman
with Pre-Shared Key (ECDHE_PSK) key exchange together with the
Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data (AEAD) algorithms
AES-GCM and AES-CCM. The document is well written and I appreciate the
effort to clarify in the Introduction the context, what was missing,
and why the document is necessary. One issue raised in my initial
review for draft-03 was addressed, discussed and draft-04 includes
useful clarification text.

The document is Ready

Major issues:

Minor issues: