RE: NomCom 2017-2018 Call for Volunteers

2017-05-26 13:13:18
I will note that I should have included Adam Roach's ART AD position on the
list of open positions as well.  The 2016-2017 NomCom gave him a 1-year
position to fill out  Alissa Cooper's vacancy when she moved over to the IETF
Chair position.  The NomCom 2017 page has been updated to reflect this being
the case and future calls for volunteers will be amended as well.

                -Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
2017
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:25 PM
To: IETF Announcement List
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: NomCom 2017-2018 Call for Volunteers

The IETF NomCom appoints folks to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the IAB, and
the IESG.

Ten voting members for the NomCom are selected in a verifiably random way from
a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance we have of
choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF population.

The details of the operation of the NomCom can be found in RFC 7437 (BCP 10),
and RFC 3797 details the selection algorithm.

Volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF meetings.  As specified in
RFC 7437, that means three out of the five past meetings up to the time this
email announcement goes out to start the solicitation of volunteers. The five
meetings out of which you must have attended *three* are:

IETF = 94 (Yokohama)      \
       95 (Buenos Aires)   \
       96 (Berlin)          -*** ANY THREE!
       97 (Seoul)          /
       98 (Chicago)       /

You can check your eligibility at: https://www.ietf.org/registration/nomcom.py

If you qualify, please volunteer. Before you decide to volunteer, please
remember that anyone appointed to this NomCom will not be considered as a
candidate for any of the positions that the 2017 - 2018 NomCom is responsible
for filling.

Many people have already volunteered by ticking the box on the IETF 98
registration form. Once these people have been verified as eligible, I will
contact all of them shortly. Thank you for volunteering!

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2018 IETF meeting,
and thus the positions for which this NomCom is responsible, are

IAOC:

    Leslie Daigle

IAB:

    Ted Hardie
    Joe Hildebrand
    Lee Howard
    Erik Nordmark
    Martin Thomson
    Brian Trammell

IESG:

    Alia Atlas (RTG)
    Benoit Claise (OPS)
    Suresh Krishnan (INT)
    Mirja Kühlewind (TSV)
    Alexey Melnikov (ART)
    Kathleen Moriarty (SEC)

All appointments are for 2 years. The ART and Routing areas have 3 ADs and the
General area has 1; all other areas have 2 ADs. Thus, all areas have at least
one continuing AD.

The primary activity for this NomCom will begin in July 2017 and should be
completed in January 2018.  The NomCom will have regularly scheduled conference
calls to ensure progress. There will be activities to collect requirements from
the community, review candidate questionnaires, review feedback from community
members about candidates, and talk to candidates.

While being a NomCom member does require some time commitment it is also a very
rewarding experience.

As a member of the NomCom it is very important that you be able to attend IETF
100 (Singapore) to conduct interviews. Being at IETF 99 (Prague) is useful for
orientation.  Being at IETF 101 (London) is not essential.

Please volunteer by sending me an email before 23:59 UTC June 26, 2017, as
follows: