BOF proposals due June 2

2017-05-26 15:38:28
I wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for submitting proposals for
"Birds of a Feather” (BOF) sessions at IETF 99 is in one week: June 2 at 23:59
. Instructions for submitting your proposal are available at
https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html
<https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html>. Please also read
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434>,
Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are
not familiar with it.

We have a number of ways of bringing new work into the IETF and BOFs are just
one of them, so please talk to an area director
(https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html <https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html>) about
your idea if you’re thinking about proposing a BOF.

As the IESG recently noted
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/pf3iqgJIHsC0f984mBC1VE4-mBs
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/pf3iqgJIHsC0f984mBC1VE4-mBs>), we
will be experimenting at IETF 99 with a side meeting room available with
first-come first-served advance online sign-up, rather than using area director
approval for allocation of rooms for side meetings. If you were already
thinking about asking for AD approval for a side meeting room, please get in
touch with an area director to discuss the FCFS room, a non-WG-forming BOF
proposal, or other options.

Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair