RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-avtext-lrr-05

2017-06-07 00:17:30
Hi Jonathan,
I did not see the text you added yet as a response to my first question
So to better clarify my question . If the FCI has TTID=0 and TLID=2 . does it
mean that it is a request to update both?
This was also the reason for the question about both TTID=0 and TLID=0, which
layer need update or is it both?
Can you say that you want just to update temporal or spatial?

Roni

-----Original Message-----
From: Gen-art [mailto:gen-art-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Jonathan
Lennox
Sent: יום ד 07 יוני 2017 00:30
To: Roni Even
Cc: draft-ietf-avtext-lrr(_dot_)all(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; General Area Review
Team;
avtext(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-avtext-lrr-05

Hi, Roni — thanks for your review.  Responses inline.

On Jun 1, 2017, at 2:53 AM, Roni Even
<ron(_dot_)even(_dot_)tlv(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Reviewer: Roni Even
Review result: Ready with Issues

Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just like
any other last call comments.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-avtext-lrr-??
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review Date: 2017-05-31
IETF LC End Date: 2017-06-08
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

issues:

Minor issues:

1. Can you specify both TTID and TLID in the same FCI.

Syntactically, they must both occur.

If you mean can you request an upgrade in both at once, yes; I’ve added text
to clarify this.

2. What is the meaning of value 0 for TTID and TLID - TID or LID =0 in
frame marking draft means base layer if there is scalability.
    This relates to the previous question.

I’m not sure I understand this question.

I’ve added text that if C=1, at least one of <TTID, TLID> MUST be greater than
<CTID, CLID>, and both MUST be greater than or equal to their counterpart,
so the LRR is actually requesting a layer upgrade.  Is that what you were
asking about?

3.  What would an FCI with both TTID and TLID equal 0 mean.

It means you want a refresh of the base temporal/spatial layer, only.

Nits/editorial comments:

1. Section 3 "an Real-Time Transport Control Protocol" should be "a
Real…".

Colin pointed out that it should say “an RTP Control Protocol” anyway.

2. In section 3 " [RFC5104](Section 3.5.1)" there is a link to section
3.5.1 but it does not work.

xml2rfc doesn’t have any way to link to sections of other documents, so the
“(Section 3.5.1)” part is just a comment.

I think the internet-draft tooling may have thought I was trying to link to a
non-existent section 3.5.1 of this document, but that’s outside my control.

3. In section 3.2 "(see section Section 2.1)" section appears twice.

Fixed.