Saturday as start day

2017-06-21 07:34:36
Hi all,

Based on a suggestion from Paul Hoffman, the IESG believes it would be
beneficial to denote the official start of IETF meetings to be on Saturday
rather than Sunday, starting with IETF 100. We believe this would be sensible
given that events such as the hackathon and code sprint start on Saturday, and
may make it easier for some participants to get travel approval to attend those
events. This change would be reflected in the dates posted on the IETF web site
and sent out in email announcements. We are not proposing any changes in terms
of the scheduling of any meeting-related events, the full availability of the
meeting network starting on Sunday, the opening of on-site registration, or the
meeting fee.

If you have feedback about this change, please send it to
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <mailto:ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, or exceptionally to
iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org <mailto:iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, by July 5, 2017.

Thanks,
The IESG