Re: PechaKucha presenters for Prague?

2017-06-29 15:42:59
I’ve heard from three people, which isn’t sufficient. Unless a few more people show interest, I’m canceling for Prague.

—aaron

On 21 Jun 2017, at 18:09, Aaron Falk wrote:

This is a poll for folks who are interested in presenting at a PechaKucha in Prague. The number of folks presenting has declined slightly and I’m contemplating whether holding a session at every IETF meeting is too frequent. If I don’t hear from enough folks we’ll wait until Singapore to do the next one. In other words, if you want to give a talk, please send me a note ASAP.

Standard invitation and background info below.

Thanks!

—aaron

____

A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically. With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief. This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited. Anyone can participate in this social event. Video from the Berlin, Seoul, and Chicago PKs can be found [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served. * To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to aaron(_dot_)falk(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com and receive confirmation. * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds). * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a good Pecha Kucha. Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], [[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], [[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].