Re: PechaKucha presenters for Prague?

2017-07-03 13:07:13
I have five folks signed up. IMO, that seems to be right on the cusp of making it worth the effort to hold the event. Anyone else want to step up?

On 21 Jun 2017, at 18:09, Aaron Falk wrote:

This is a poll for folks who are interested in presenting at a PechaKucha in Prague. The number of folks presenting has declined slightly and I’m contemplating whether holding a session at every IETF meeting is too frequent. If I don’t hear from enough folks we’ll wait until Singapore to do the next one. In other words, if you want to give a talk, please send me a note ASAP.

Standard invitation and background info below.

Thanks!

—aaron

____

A Pecha Kucha is a lightning-talk presentation format, originating in Japan, where a speaker presents 20 image-only slides that are each on the screen for 20 seconds and advance automatically. With each talk lasting for 6:40, it has the feature of forcing presentations -- good or bad -- to be focused and brief. This is an unofficial event. Topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited. Anyone can participate in this social event. Video from the Berlin, Seoul, and Chicago PKs can be found [here](http://snaggletooth.akam.ai).

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served. * To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to aaron(_dot_)falk(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com and receive confirmation. * Presenters must agree to adhere to the Pecha Kucha format (20 slides, primarily image-only, automatically advancing every 20 seconds). * There are lots of online tutorials and suggestions for how to make a good Pecha Kucha. Here are a few: [[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], [[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], [[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].