Genart telechat review of draft-turner-est-extensions-08

2017-07-10 17:15:47
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani
Review result: Ready with Nits

by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-turner-est-extensions-??
Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani
Review Date: 2017-07-10
IETF LC End Date: 2017-07-11
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Major issues: 0

Minor issues: 1

Nits/editorial comments: 2

Minor:
- S2, I understand that a PAL may be represented as a XML file or a JSON
 object, but I note that the underlying semantic content of the resource,
 irrespective of representation as shown in Sections 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 is
 different.  I suspect that is by design, but could not figure out why the
 XML and JSON resource would have different semantic content.

Nits:
- S1, top of page 5: What is TA?  The expansion is not defined before being
 used here for the first time; I suspect it is "Trust Anchor", but may help
 to expand it here rather than in S7.

- S1.1, "air gap" --- I understand what it means from rfc4949, but someone
 not familiar (or too lazy to look up rfc4949 or simply much too younger than
 us) may assume that "air gap" refers to "wifi".  Admittedly in 2007 when
 rfc4949 was written, 802.11{g,e,n} were just released [1], and only three
 years before, in 2004, Economist predicted that the worldwide market for WiFi
 devices in 2006 will be 50 million (!) [2].

 I don't know that we can do much here, but it was with some chuckle that
 the term "air gap" lead me to the statistics I mention above.

[1] http://www.ucopia.com/en/news/history-of-wi-fi/
[2] http://www.economist.com/node/2724397