Re: Need for secured email delegation workflow

2017-07-13 23:09:14
Hi John,

First of all, sorry for not defining things properly. I will be adding this
glossary to all Email Delegation threads:

Definition: Email Delegation will be the workflow in which a user is able
to send emails on behalf of another user. A general example will be a
secretary replying back to emails which his/her boss received.

Couple of terms:

*manager* = The user who wants to delegate some other user to manage his
account on his behalf.

*delegate* = The user who has to get access to the manager's account.

Please note that email delegation could also cover cases like creating
folders, deleting folders etc in the manager's account.

So, I was working on a similar workflow and looking around to see how
others have implemented this workflow, and felt that a proper document
describing this workflow would really help, as the Email Delegation
behavior did not seem consistent and sometimes, not secure.