Incremental Deployment of IPv6-only Wi-Fi for IETF Meetings

2017-07-17 10:22:36
Folks,

Apologies in advance for the gratuitous cross posting (v6ops, ietf, ipv6,
sunset4, softwires).  I hope, to you all, this is worth the added email.

The draft below was written to provide the necessary documentation to enable
the IETF (the NOC, participants, etc.) to migrate to an IPv6 only primary
network connection (Wi-Fi and wired) that utilizes NAT64+DNS64 to access IPv4
only content.  The request for IETF 99 has been to have the primary “ietf” SSID
adhere to what is documented in the I-D below.  I trust the motivation is
understood.  This means that the main “ietf” SSID would be switched to be IPv6
only with NAT64+DNS64 (at layer 3) per the I-D below.  Given the that IETF99 is
upon us, this may or may not be entirely possible.

At this stage, the infrastructure preparations for IETF 99 should be in place
to ensure that the IETF has the necessary hardware for redundancy and
performance.

So, we are all seeking your input.  Given the above, what would all you suggest
is tolerable for IETF99 as it pertains to the I-D below?

• IPv6 only per the I-D for the balance of IETF week?
• IPv6 only per the I-D for one or more days this week?
• IPv6 only per the I-D for the plenary?
• IPv6 only per the I-D for the next IETF meeting?

Please send us your feedback.

Regards,

John
+1-484-962-0060