OT - email forwarding patent 6,389,455

2004-01-30 13:12:41

Could anyone who's involved in the email forwarding industry please
contact me OFF-LIST.  I just found out today about patent 6,389,455.

  http://xrl.us/bedq

  A method and apparatus is provided that establishes user accounts that
  automatically forward a user's e-mail to the user's pre-selected
  forwarding e-mail address(es).  Each user creates a forwarding directory,
  which may comprise multiple e-mail accounts, that the user activates and
  deactivates as needed.

The patent is dated 2002, but Pobox has been doing this since 1995.

I've been trying to reach people at acm.org, ieee.org,
alumniconnections, etc without success.

Further OT, just an offhand comment, either someone has going to sue the
USPTO for negligence or the IETF is going to have to start patenting RFCs.

thanks
mengwong(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com