Re: Consensual communication (Re: Visible feature: not free to send?)

2004-02-12 14:22:52

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:49:04PM -0800, Einar Stefferud wrote:

If the sender does not want to send, then the sender should simply not send.
If the sender does not want to send it, why is the sender even thinking about
it?

The sender will always have total control of sending;-)...

What is so hard to understand about this?

Nothing.  The topic is about cost.

   sender to recipient:  I have mail for you
   recipient to sender:  sure, go ahead
   sender to recipient:  here's my spam

vs.

   sender to recipient:  I have mail for you
   recipient to sender:  mail to me is subject to a micro-payment of ....
   sender to recipient:  never mind

   Goodbye spammer.

This is an example case where the sender _was_ thinking about sending,
and may have changed its mind because the recipient is in control.

Alex
--
begin  sig
http://www.googlism.com/index.htm?ism=alex+van+den+bogaerdt&type=1