Re: OT: Re: Less is more

2004-05-05 06:40:42

At 20:17 04/05/2004, Keith Moore wrote:
Seen from this light, I agree that some version of the ISO date format
(one with a numeric timezone offset) would be better than 822/2822
date-time if we were starting from scratch.  I'm not sure whether it's
still worth switching to a new date format when considering conversion
issues - versus carefully documenting how to generate and parse 2822
date-times.

I'd say it is worth switching date format.

It's trivial to convert an ISO (or epoch) date format to the 822 format
It's not too hard to convert a valid 822 format date to an ISO format date

The only problem comes with invalid 822 format dates. Given that everyone seems to be wanting rid of those anyway - what's the problem.. :-)

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/