Re: Next release of my Trust-Forum project

2004-11-01 11:58:17

But, aren't we discussing here about projects for the future, when
computers will run still more quickly and high bandwith connections
will be widespread ?

actually, it seems to me that most computers are already quite fast
enough to handle messaging, but there are also a lot more small,
low-power, mobile devices which are not quite as fast in order to save
power.  as for bandwidth,  high bandwidth connections are becoming more
common, but low bandwidth connections are still common, as are busy
wireless links with a low effective bandwidth.  one way to look at
this is that the variation in host capability, and in available
bandwidth between hosts are both increasing. so a good future email
system would tolerate wide variations in host capability and bandwidth.

Keith