Some more requirements

2005-04-07 04:10:55

...in addition to those at
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/opinions/user-visible-email-ng-goals.html

* Users want to _synchronise_ copies of message stores (e.g. laptop to
desktop, and/or desktop to a network-hosted message store)

[This is related to: "Users want to be able to read and answer mail when not
connected to the network", but is in addition to just reading and answering
mail. For example, if I move mail between folders or delete a message on one
device, I want this update to propagate to the others when I'm next
connected]

* ISPs and enterprises want to _replicate_ message stores for redundancy
and/or load sharing

* Enterprises and law-enforcement agencies may want to store copies of all
mail entering and leaving a domain or specific users' mailboxes

Regards,

Brian Candler.