Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Draft as of 9/4/2007

2007-10-14 12:59:57
Tell me, do you pass viruses and phishing along to your users, or do you
filter them at the border?

Neither. Sometimes I filter at the border, sometimes when I'm tuning filters or collecting statistics, I let them go another hop or two before I catch them. What's the point of making this false choice?

For all intents and purposes, an AR header across an administrative domain might just as well be viewed as a phishing attempt since it may well be trying to give a false sense of security to some victim.

Since I've already addressed this point three times, I don't see much point in going over it again. MTAs keep multiple levels of Received: headers, too, some of which are faked, and the world hasn't come to an end.

Honestly, I have trouble understanding what point you're trying to make.
From what you've been saying, the most straightforward interpretation
would be that you're too dim to imagine that there are mail systems that don't work exactly the way that yours does. Since I know you're not, I'm at a loss as to why you keep insisting that I don't run my mail system the way that I do.

R's,
John